Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Real Home Spun Wool


I knitted these two little purses this weekend. One on Sunday and the other one on Monday.

This wool was spun by a friend of mine. She gave me a sample of her spinning and let me have the opportunity to make something. Isn't that so great....I am thinking of felting the larger purse.....or the smaller one....hmmmmm....what do you think.....the little one would make a great cell phone or ipod holder....wouldn't you agree..... It is so cool how one side is pink & blue and the other side blue & teal...I flipped them both over to let you see how the color works....the smaller is not as noticeable until you look at the handle...Great color combinations. Thank you so much for my yarn.......I didn't use a pattern.....just sat down and started knitting.

We had a Fiber Extravaganza at A Row of Purls this weekend. It was great. Being able to pick our the colors that you wanted to combine to make your own yarn. My daughter couldn't help herself she wanted to create her own colors also. As soon as I get it spun I will knit it up and let you see what it grew up to be...and see how well she combines her own colors. She tickled me wanting to get involved. We will be having a spinning class soon, the 12th and 26th of July. That will be fun.

No comments: